Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Slamming Door

I once lived in Alaska, right outside of Eielson Air Force Base in a place called Salcha. My husband was in the Air Force, and there wasn't any housing available yet on the base, so we had rented this renovated house in Salcha on this huge piece of land. It was so beautiful there.

I was off for the summer. My husband and I didn't have any kids, just an Alaskan Husky named Aurora and a pet lop eared rabbit named Chestnut. I would put the bunny on a hand held leash and let him hop around outside. This is what I was doing one cool morning when I was home alone. Chestnut had his own room, and I would keep the door shut to keep Aurora from messing with him. My bedroom was next door, after I put him away I shut the door behind me, went into my room to change since the day was getting warmer, and that's when I heard his door open. I went out into the hallway to find it ajar. Now, the only window in this room didn't open, so there's no way anyone was in there. As I went to grab the doorknob, the door forcefully SLAMMED in my face, and this loud moaning sound went through me as if it were right in both my ears. Aurora and I flew out of the house like a bolt of lightning, and sat at the end of our driveway, 1/4 mile from the house at the curb of the Alaska Highway.

When my husband returned home, he wanted me to show him exactly what happened. I didn't want to, but he insisted. So as I was walking down the hallway telling him, the lights flickered!!!! We both ran out of the house and asked our landlord if he knew of anything like this happening or if he had any complaints. He laughed and never answered our question.

3 Comments:

Blogger michie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:45 PM  
Blogger aide said...

is the bunny o.k because you went outside without him or her

6:42 PM  
Blogger aide said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home